Monday, October 27, 2008

The preparation begins

Hi friends!!

We had a great trip to see Papa Petty! Though he was still very sedated and on the ventilator, it was great to just hold his hand, talk with him, and pray for him. It was expecially wonderful to spend time with mom. She is such a wonderful and faithful woman. It was great to support her as well. They had hoped to get him off the ventilator on Sunday, but he breathing was pretty shallow. He seems to be getting better, but not very quickly. Many thanks to my brother Kevin and sister-in-law Gretchen who moved in and took Garrison fishing (mom. . . I caught one fish. . . .I caught two fish. . . it was a perch [Kevin tells him it was a bass]. . . it was a bass!), gave Noel endless kisses (she seems to need them quite often), and made great pancakes. Mom Koeman came in on Sunday afternoon so Koe and Gigi could get some rest before their weeks began. What would we do without family?!?

Now, we begin preparing for China. We are working on the childcare plans and think we have a nice plan. I bought some "gifts" this morning. I also got my shots this morning. Gary and I finished taking our typhoid medication this week-end and feel very strong against that nasty disease!! Bring it on typhoid!

Thankfully Gary is home today and is working on cleaning out the garage. I'm taking care of needy children (we missed mom and got lots more attention from our aunt and uncle!) and making bars for Bible Study tomorrow morning.

We officially leave on Thursday November 6 and return on Friday November 21. It is more than two weeks, but there doesn't seem to be a way around that.

We are so blessed by the Lord through our friends and family. It was great to spend time with the two of us as we traveled to Missouri and back. We both feel closer to the Lord, closer to each other, and ready to meet this next challenge that God has for us.

Love you!
shanda

No comments: