Thursday, October 23, 2008

Week-end Plans

Dad Petty is hanging in there. Thanks to the many who are praying for him. We are glad that we get to see him on Saturday. My brother Kevin and sis-in-law Gretchen are moving in to watch Garrison and Noel. . . and Smokey. Thanks you so very much! Gary and I will leave Friday afternoon, stay in St. Louis with the Pollacks (happy face), and then motor on to Springfield IL and see mom and dad on Saturday. Dad still has the ventilator, a wound vac, and is sedated so that he doesn't pull everything out of him. I think I would do that too. Hopefully, the ventilator will be out when we get there.

When we return, preparations for China begin in earnest, although I did buy some chocolate today for the "gifts" that we give to notaries, orphanage directors, and nannies. Thanks to Meijer for the buy 5 Dove bars, get 5 free sale. Dove is decent right? We are putting together great gift bags for our friends--the missionaries--who we know, love, and pray for daily. If anyone has extra unopened smelly lotions and soaps from blah blah stores (you know what I'm talking about) we'd love to unload them for you.

I'll give my little plug here, and again. . . and possibly again. . . for International China Concern. If you are interested in sponsoring an orphan in China--this is the organization to check out. If you are interested in donating money, this is the organization to check out. If you are interested in praying, this is the organization to check out! They are the hands of God is a very challenging environment. http://english.chinaconcern.org/
Did I mention that I love them?!?

Thanks again for everyone who is praying for us. God is so very good, and amidst the craziness that was this week, we have seen His hand is new ways. I myself have been humbled.

1 comment:

one blessed mama said...

hi there!
how awesome to have family that steps up and helps out! i love your family!!!! :)
what happened to gary's dad? sounds like a heart attack?
thinking of you guys. have a great weekend!
love you! me