Friday, February 20, 2009

Multi-tasking

I'm so good at starting to multi-task. There are so many things that I begin in the morning. I'm unloading the dishwasher, I'm cooking up eggs, I can even throw in a load of laundry all while getting the kids up, feeding them, packing Gary's lunch, etc. I'm very good at it.

What I'm not so good at is remembering the things that I started. My eggs this morning were a little crispy--Garrison was in the shower and needed assistance. Smokey jumped to be let out, and I was very good at letting him out. Then, I offered Noel something more to eat and began playing Candyland with Garrison. I forgot about Smokey. Suddenly I rush to the door and frantically looked for him. I keep shouting his name and after several moments, he did come running back from his little adventure. Though I try to be good about getting the laundry out of the dryer, sometimes I forget that I had a load in there and will discover it after a couple of days. I try to remind my kids that they don't need to keep asking for something (another glass of milk for instance) once I've given them an answer. Sadly, sometimes I do forget that I'm supposed to get getting Simon another glass of water because I changed Noel's diaper, laid out Garrison's clothes, and kissed Gary good-bye.

I wasn't always like this. I only seemed to forget once in awhile. It seems to have gotten worse in the past few months. Having three kids has changed me. . . my eyes are looking in other places (three cute faces!) more often. Frankly, I'm pleased with my new view.

No comments: