Hi all!
Yup, there isn't anything big brewing here, nothing to wax upon for several paragraphs, so I'll just give you a few things that I'm thinking about.
1. Today is a boring day for my kids. Lots of fun this week-end. . . lots of sugar. . . lots of people and exciting things. Today = just mom and no sugar. This means that everything is boring (though they don't know the word yet and you had better not teach them!) today and the way to handle it is to whine and bug each other. I planned for this. I knew today would be challenging at times. I know I'm not going to get a lot done as far as housework and that is sad because I love to do housework. (The previous nine words in their current formation are a lie.)
2. Gary isn't on strike yet. Yeah! Hopefully a contract will be reached soon so that we don't live in limbo wondering if there will be a strike or not.
3. Simon and Noel like turkey salad. Go figure.
4. We celebrated all of my siblings birthdays yesterday at my parents house. They recently went through a huge remodel and we only celebrated one birthday at their house the entire year. Usually, we get together to celebrate each birthday and the birthday person gets to choose the whole menu. This is fun for the birthday sibling and also for the rest of us as we get delicious food and fun times. So. . . last week my mom asked us all what we'd like and she compiled a menu with one or more things from each of our lists. It was fun to try and guess who chose what. The food was amazing and we had four desserts. This is fun until you feel really sick and you are trying to lose weight. In this regard, I had fun for one hour, then had no fun for the rest of the day. I did manage a second dessert before I left. . . .just to add to my misery when I arrived at home. Good times.
5. I'm wearing my Friendship Club sweatshirt from Palos Heights CRC. I love all my friends from Friendship Club and miss them.
6. I received an e-mail from a friend in China. Hi Anne! She reads this blog and sent me a funny comic. It made me smile. The Reigers hosted us for a week when we went to get Simon. I miss them and think that God is just amazing that He decided to hook us up. They are doing great work for the Kingdom. Perhaps we'll get to see them again sometime if God leads us back to China. No-we are not making any announcements. No-we haven't decided if we are going to adopt again. People---we have three kids three and under. . . we know we are crazy, but even we are not that crazy. (smile face icon here.)
Love you!
1 comment:
i love those big, no issue days. :)
Post a Comment