Hi friends!
Wow, has it really been since May 11 that I posted? That just means that there is lots to say.
I've been thinking a lot lately. Sometimes this is a bad thing, but recently it has been a wonderful thing. My life has been so super crazy busy. It has kept me from blogging (that and a recent breakdown of our router) and has caused me to ponder about how blessed I am. Here is the skinny.
We celebrated Mother's Day with Simon's baptism, with Gary's folks in town, and with a lunch for over sixty people. It was so wonderful! God is so very amazing, and that He loves us and wants to be in relationship with us humbles me. We had such a wonderful time enjoying Mom and Dad Petty's (Gary's parents) visit. The lunch went so very well thanks to our small group at church and my family who helped with the food and such. After the whirlwind of Tulip Time and the baptism, I was a bit pooped.
The following week-end, I went away with six of my girlfriends to a condo on Lake Michigan. God just knew that I needed that time. I must admit I wasn't too excited about leaving. I knew that I would have so much fun, but I wasn't sure about leaving the kids, leaving Gary. . . I'm a homebody and really enjoy being with my family. I had such an amazing time! These girls made me laugh, cry, and had me thinking so much about the relationships that I'm in. I left feeling so very blessed and ready to be a better wife, mom, and daughter of the King.
I got home on Sunday night, we went on a picnic, and then Gary left early the next morning for Chicago. I was a single mom for the week. I'm so thankful that God has not asked me to do that all the time. Things went unbelievably well, but I sure do enjoy parenting with Gary. I also really enjoy Gary! We love each other and enjoy spending time together.
So now, we are home. . . our family is intact. Garrison was in the parade this morning and I couldn't have been prouder. All of the family is wearing red/white/and or blue. I tried telling Simon during the parade why we were clapping for the men and women who were walking and riding by. I began, but had to stop because I began to cry. I so often take for granted that I can go anywhere, say anything, and worship everywhere. Thanks to those who took a stand, who fought, and who died for me. May God spare us the horrors of having our freedoms stripped.
I'm back in action now and will blog more this week, after all. . . so much has happened. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment