We have reason to celebrate!!!
We received news today that Simon does NOT need to have a biopsy done. Did you read that? NOT!
We received news today that our insurance is GOING to cover our doctor's appointments. Did you read that? GOING TO!
Please forgive me for not posting this entire week. It has been quite a doosy. (I think that last word may come on on the spellcheck.) :)
I'm Dutch Dancing and having a ball. It does take up time and creates more craziness in our already crazy house. It is especially fun to dress up all three kids in their costumes, complete with shoes, and make it downtown on time.
Gary's folks are here! Yeah! We have wanted them to come for Tulip Time and this year they made it. We'll be seeing them in just an hour (they are coming after naps).
Simon is being baptized this Sunday. What a marvelous way for us to celebrate Mother's Day. We are hosting a lunch afterwards for 60ish people. If you read this and would like to come, please do! We'd love to see you. I have been cooking ribs in my kitchen all week. My house smells like pork and my darling husband graciously takes everything off of the bone every night after I go to bed. I just love him. My mom is making BBQ, my small group is making salads, we are buying and baking egg rolls, and we are having cake (Red Velvet: our tribute to China). Love the Chinese/Dutch combination.
I went to Garrison's classroom on Tuesday where I was treated like a princess. I wore a tiara, listened to my son and his classmates sing songs in Spanish about moms, recite verses in Spanish about moms. . . I understood everything. I didn't understand most of the words, but I was able to understand his heart. I loved it. He made bread for me, he served me a snack. . .I am blessed.
I went to an orphan ministry meeting at church. We are beginning and praying about where God is leading us at Holland Heights Church. It is so exciting to think about what big things God is going to do. He is a big God and He loves to do big things. I love it when I get to be used by Him.
Garrison went to the doctor yesterday because his cheeks are bright red and the redness is spreading. The doctor doesn't know what it is, but doesn't think it is contagious or anything. We are putting cream on it and just watching. Hopefully it will fade soon. It looks like he put Kool-aid on his cheeks.
So, are you tired yet from reading this? I get tired thinking about this past week. There is still so much more to do, yet I am so very happy! We'll get back to "regular life" perhaps next week. Right now, I'm going to spellcheck this, read it over again, and finish my snack of lima beans and corn. It reminds me of Miami and living with Janet and Karen. Simon and I are the only ones in our family who like it. I knew that boy was mine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment