Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Good Stuff

I had a good devotional time this morning. The Lord and I, we had some moments.

"The Lord binds up the brokenhearted." Isaiah 61:1

Yes, I've been brokenhearted. I've wailed. I've cried. I've sat in disbelief. I've laid on my bed in the fetal position. I can remember those moments, those moments when my heart was shattered. Through it all, God was there, binding. My favorite Psalm is chapter 34. In Psalm 34, is says that the Lord is "close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34: 18) I've meditated on that so many times, there are so many dates next to that passage in my Bible. This morning though, there was a new word: bind. God not only comforts me, stands by me, carries me. . . be He assists with the healing. He binds it up to stop the bleeding. Binding doesn't always feel good, but it is necessary for broken and shattered things (like my heart sometimes) to be fixed. So glad that He binds and doesn't toss away!

I love my God. I can't believe that He still loves me and cares enough for me to take care of my heart. Thank you Yahweh.

No comments: