Hi.
My name is Shanda and I'm becoming a motorcycle mama. Gary and I used to ride on his bike a lot when we were dating. I was quite nervous about it, but did enjoy it. Plus, it gave me a great excuse to hang on to my guy.
The bike was stored for a few years. With the arrival of three kids, time for rides has been limited. This spring, the insurance went back on the bike. We needed another vehicle so that Gary can go early to church without my packing up all the kids. He helps out with the sound.
A few weeks ago we went on a double date. We took the motorcycle and I loved it. I know, I know. It is dangerous. I also want you to know that I trust my guy. I've been with him enough to see how he reacts in traffic and he is a great driver: very aware and very protective of me. I like that feeling.
So now, I'm getting a new motorcycle helmet! The one I'm wearing at the moment is the same on that my dad gave to me in high school when I started riding a moped. It has red sparkles, and although it is very stylish, it is in no way protective. My new black helmet with the orange stripe is on its way baby!
We went out last night again. A friend from church decided we needed a date, so she watched the kids and we reluctantly (yeah right) went out on the bike.
I look forward to many more: rides on the bike and dates with my guy.
P.S. This was written several weeks ago, but I wanted to wait for my new helmet to arrive. Alas, finally came yesterday, so I'm ready to rock-n-roll!
1 comment:
You look Fabulous! Maybe someday we can be biker chicks together....many years from now.
Post a Comment