Before our conference, we met up with a group of ladies. I was there first, as is my custom, and I had a great conversation with my friend Tricia. She told me about some job issues/opportunities in her life. She made a comment that "God told me that. . ." I love that. I love the God talks to His own. I asked Gary later that night, how does God talk to you? I often feel the peace of God, I often feel like God uses others to talk with me, I hear God through His word. . . but I can't say I've heard God audibly. Perhaps you have. Maybe I'm not listening, or perhaps He is just choosing to communicate with me in other ways. I'll have to think and pray about that one.
Sunday's sermon was. . . wow. I continue to learn and grow in our church. I had several conversations with family members and friends about what we heard and learned. God really encouraged me. I also want to go and re-teach the story of Egypt to my Old Testament students. I'll gladly be a stone for God!
We had a family crisis of sorts this week-end in regards to my dad's addiction to prescription medication. My mom, siblings and my family are all safe and doing remarkably well. We are eager to see what God is going to do in our family. Needless to say, it has been rather emotional as well.
I've spent my week-end praying, thinking, and processing. I'm so very thankful that I'm a child of God, that I have no idea what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. How can others even function without the hand of the God? Oh, I'd be so very lost.
Today I'm tired, content, and heavier (I hate emotional eating!). I'm also sitting on the couch with the computer on my lap and a Diet Mountain Dew beside me during naptime. There are lots of household chores calling out to me, but for this afternoon, I'm going to ignore the call of the laundry, and bathroom, and carpets, and mudroom, and and and. . . . just be.
3 comments:
I am so glad you had a great conference. I have never "heard" God talking to me either. I hope things get better with you father/family. Let us know if there is anything we can do!
my dear friend...
can you email me your email address? i'd love to chat with you...just not on your blog. :)
my email is
3littleliks@clearwire.net
loving you.
Shanda - so glad I clicked to read your blog today. Lot's has happened since I saw you last. I love all the insight into your life, your kids, and your heart. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment