It was hilarious because 3 year olds speak a lot in English.
It was hilarious because 3 year olds are honest in English.
It was hilarious because 3 year olds are just goofy sometimes.
It was hilarious because my daughter Penny was the special person.
Penny is a wonderful special person. She basks in the attention without being obnoxious. She listens to her teacher and responds to all of the questions. She needs no help to dress the weather bear. She kept smiling at her mama because she got to sit in the special chair and wear a special necklace and choose her favorite shape. She jumped and skipped and danced her way through the morning. And she was hilarious. Her comments and mannerisms and motions and saucy tossing of her head is so funny. I caught one of the aides laughing about something Penny did several times.
What made the morning wonderful as well is that my perception that Penny is funny was confirmed. CONFIRMED! I was talking with one of the aids as we were assisting students with painting using toy trucks. After one of the students sported an attitude, the aide and I exchanged smiles. Then I got serious--very serious. "Is Penny every disrespectful? Does she listen to the teachers? Does she treat the others well? Please tell me if you see this in her." "Oh no. Penny is great. She is so silly sometimes and makes me laugh."
See--confirmation. Penny is funny. We've been home all morning and have had so much fun together. I truly love spending time with just her and once again I bless God that He gave her to me last so that we have so much time alone together. We laugh and laugh and dance and then laugh some more. She throws a fit now and then, but she seems to get over it rather quickly.
So I had fun in her class. I could talk with the students with many more words than I used in Spanish. Penny would randomly come over and kiss me on the cheek. She sang her heart out. She danced in her chair. She folded her hands, closed her eyes, and bowed her head and I got a little teary.
I love being a mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment