Last night in book club, I experienced the love of the saints. I was uplifted and encouraged.
I'm enjoying book club at my church on Wednesday nights. I'm enjoying the books, but mostly I'm enjoying the people. I really love them. I love that we talk and laugh and encourage and challenge. I love that they are all older than me and I get to sit at their feet and learn from them. Sometimes I talk too much. They forgive me.
Because I respect these folks so much, I asked if I could pick their brains last week about a decision that Gary and I are wrestling with. They gladly listened, offered a few suggestions, and then promised to pray. I knew they would. That means the world to me!
This week they asked if we had made a decision and what it was. We haven't, although Gary is meeting with someone today to get more information. I'm excited. I'm trusting that God will reveal to us what path to take when Gary and Mark get together. I love having confidence in God.
So after we talked a bit about it, including whether we were facing discouragement from the enemy in an effort to stop us from doing what God would have us do OR if we were facing discouragement because God was trying to stop us from going down a certain path (they often look the same--at least to me). . . so after a bit of discussion, my friend John speaks up. John DenBleyker. He is one of His saints I just know it.
"This is all good to talk about this, but what the enemy really hates is when we pray. I think we should pray right now for Shanda and Gary. Right now. Let's do it."
And then they did. They bowed and covered us with prayer. In book club. In the church basement. I am so blessed and so humbled, and so very honored. . . and I learned a thing or two.
I'm good at listening and processing and praying, but I don't always follow the listening and processing with prayer. It is the first action that I need to take. First. I'm feeling great this morning because my feet are set on solid ground and I'm confident in my amazing God that He will give us wisdom and peace to move forward--whatever direction that may be. I also know that I need to do more praying for my friends--over them--at the moment. I have a friend coming over in an hour to talk. She wanted some advice. I'm going to listen and help her process and then I will pray over her before she leaves. It isn't something I would automatically do, but now I have the example of John DenBleyker before me.
No comments:
Post a Comment