We are trying hard to be a praying household. I want to pray more and acknowledge God throughout the day. I also want this to not be contrived, but to be a part of our real lives. We have a long ways to go, but praying about so many things at anytime is becoming more of a daily part of our lives. God is so very good.
Saturday night Gary and I were given a gift by my two aunts. They wanted to get to know our kids better, so they asked if they could come over and hang out. Um. . . YES! Thanks so much! Gary and I enjoyed a night of hanging out with our siblings. When we arrived home we heard the following story.
Every night we ask each child to tell us something they are thankful for so that we can focus our nighttime prayer on our gratefulness to God. Saturday night Garrison volunteered to pray for all the thankful items. Great. Thanks. When Aunt Pat asked Simon what he was thankful for he replied, "I'm thankful that Garrison isn't being very annoying anymore." When Aunt Pat said this to me I began to laugh. . . and then I kept laughing as she continued and told me that "Garrison nodded and when he prayed, he did thank God that he wasn't being an annoying as he had been." Oh man.
I just love those kids. And we may need to learn a bit more about praying. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment