Tuesday, October 21, 2014

42

I'm 42 today and I wasn't yesterday.  Yup, it is my birthday.

At our house, birthdays are met with cupcakes for breakfast.  No cupcakes.  No family gifts.  No special supper.  No special treatment--the usual fighting.  No respit from kid homework. 10 minutes with my hubby.

It was a good birthday.  We were given money to go out for supper from AT&T for Gary's 15 anniversary and so we went last night.  Gary is on-call so I knew we had to go when we could.  It was a great meal and our kids did great in the restaurant-a great gift.  Good thing we went last night as Gary worked until 5:30 this morning and so he went to bed as soon as he got home from work today.  I went to my friends house to order family pictures and she asked me to stay for lunch.  My Bible Study sisters in The Lord sang to me.  I made a new supper (pumpkin pancakes) that went over well with the kids.  I saw my mom.  I snuggled with Penny in bed and watched cooking.  I exercised.  A friend stopped by with a card and an orange necklace.   I received a pickle card.

Best of all, the Holy Spirit fell all over our Bible Study group this morning.  He was felt and heard and glorified.

I love walking with The Lord.  I love it when I ask him to show up and He does!  (I shouldn't be surprised right?!?). Birthday or not, this was a great day.  I received encouragement from friends and family and I bless God for putting them in my life.

I was a little uneasy this morning about how my day would go, but it was wonderful.  It was ordinary and extraordinary all in the same breath.  Isn't that great?  I have a feeling that if I ask God for the same thing tomorrow He'll give it to me.  I just need to look and listen.


No comments: