Hi friends
I'm getting some e-mails from you asking that you be added to our blog. Great! So glad that you are along for the ride. I hope to be going private next week, so send me an e-mail if you don't want to miss a thing (like it is that exciting!). :)
Just wanted to share with you about a moment that had me laughing out loud this morning. Over the past month, Garrison and Simon have been taking care of some baby chicks. These chicks are very special--they are pretend. The boys carry them around the house, play with them, lose them, forget about them, take them to bed, get upset if someone doesn't take very good care of them. . . etc. They appear at random times and in random places. Don't be surprised sometime if Garrison offers to show you his baby chick that just happened to get in the car and come to church. I have no idea where Garrison got the idea (Simon has caught on and even had baby penguins for awhile), but it has stuck.
This morning the boys got in quite a fight. Simon took one of Garrison's baby chicks. What?!? Now remember, these are pretend baby chicks, the best kind to have as pets. Yet, here are my boys arguing in the kitchen. Garrison is very upset that Simon has his baby chick, and Simon is adamant that he is not going to give this particular chick back. THE BABY CHICK DOES NOT EXIST! I love it. I laughed out loud and of course, this didn't go over well with either boy. Simon did give Garrison his baby chick back after I offered to give Simon a new baby chick that I found in my pocket.
Thank you Lord for great moments like these. I love being a mom.
3 comments:
Imaginary friends are a good thing.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/lifestyle/202632_imaginary07.html
that's the BEST!!!! :)
Hey Shanda-
I don't have your email uploaded yet from my old work email contacts. A LONG story. Trust me. Can you make sure that I am still on the list?
-Danielle
Post a Comment