Thursday, April 30, 2009

Simon's latest appointment

I'm so overwhelmed. I'm overwhelmed by God's people. If you are a child of the King and you've been praying for us. . . thank you. Gary and I both feel so supported, so loved, so taken care of. We received a card in the mail today from a Barnabas Group from our church. It was filled by signatures and it stated that we were prayed for today. Do you know how that makes us feel? I got stopped at a garage sale yesterday. Love it. We received a meal from my sister that we enjoyed tonight, my folks took care of the kids today while we went to our latest appointment, so many e-mails, my mom's Bible Study group praying for Simon. . . ah, God is so good and is taking great care of us through His people. Thanks. I know, I know, you want to know what happened at the appointment today. I just have to bless God first.

The appointment: it was great. Great? Yup, Great. Simon was only mildly uneasy, but mostly with the intern in the white coat (he'll never have a white coat!) who stood in the corner. You should have seen the looks that Simon gave him. This surgeon, Dr. Robertson (love him!) took his time. He was gentle and caring. He was amazed at our Simon. We are too. He runs, jumps. . .well you know. I've told you before. He has a tumor, but Dr. Robertson does NOT think that it could possibly be malignant. Amen and Amen! We still need to meet with the oncologist, but Dr. Robertson's opinion was that if it was cancer, it would have spread to other parts of his body, and it would make him very sick and uncomfortable. Simon is uncomfortable with the tags in the back of his shirt, when he has to go to the bathroom, and when we make him sit in time out. It has nothing to do with the tumor. He also said that we should proceed cautiously. I like that. Let's go slowly, there is no need to hurry. I like that too. He wants to get together with the other specialists that Simon has seen to discuss his case and talk about surgery in the future. When Simon has surgery (and it seems like it will happen at some point), there will be a pediatric surgeon, a pediatric plastic surgeon, and a pediatric neurosurgeon all doing it. Boy, will our kid be taken care of or what! Lots of experts. Lots of thinking. For now though, the news seems good and we are blessed. We were also told that when he has surgery, he'll probably be in the hospital for weeks or even months. That causes this mama's heart to race a little. . . but I need to rest. God has been so faithful over the past few months and I know without any doubt that He'll continue to be faithful.

On a side note: Simon is the cutest Chinese Dutch boy you've ever seen in his little costume! He likes his wooden shoes too. :) We didn't take pictures tonight, but I'll post them sometime next week.

Thanks again!

2 comments:

one blessed mama said...

PTL!!!!

Holly said...

Wow- I missed out on so much while we were on vacation!
I know God's hand is upon your family....and He is giving Simon a mighty testimony!
I would like to "talk" with you about your reasons for going private...b/c I have been thinking of going public again.
I have no idea what bad things people could do with information I put on there.
I would like to hear your thoughts.
Can you email me at hollymac828 at yahoo?
Love,
Holly