My kids--they have been making me cry. God is so very wonderful and when my kids talk about God, sing about the Lord, show kindness without prompting. . . oh does that get me right in my heart.
In the past week, each of my children has brought tears to my eyes. Allow me to share. We'll discuss Garrison today.
Garrison: I was bringing all the kids to my parents house so that Gary and I could take our friends out to dinner and a play. The Petersons moved into our house while we were in China to watch Garrison and Noel for a week and we tried to show our appreciation on a double date. We were listening to the Vacation Bible School CD and the song was playing "and every tongue confess. . . to Jesus' Holiness. . . He is Lord Lord Lord". Perhaps you are familiar with the song. Garrison says from the back "Mom, that says 'and every tongue confess'". What? "It says and every tongue confess" "yes, the song is saying that. You are right Garrison." "That is just like the verse mom." "What verse?" I ask. Garrison has never repeated a verse for us. He up and says "And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:11" He said that. Right in the back of the car. He said it. I began to cry, turned off the radio, and asked him to say it again. He did. He doesn't know where he learned it. I suspect that it was Children's Worship at our church. He knows it. It is in his heart. Every Sunday I ask him what he did in Children's worship and he hasn't a clue. But I tell you friends, the Holy Spirit is at work in him. God is gathering amazing people in his life that have given him nuggets like this verse from Philippians and the nuggets are there, just waiting to come out. Oh, I'm so excited to see what other surprises this boy has for me.
I blessed God out loud in the van and marveled while trying to wipe away the tears and stay on the road. I think this might be my new favorite verse.
1 comment:
isn't it wonderful when they have 'pondered them in their hearts'?
that is ALL that REALLY matters in life, isn't it?
Post a Comment