Friday, October 23, 2009

Beans and Steak

A friend of mine sent me a book for my birthday. It is called "Reckless Faith". I love it. I'm trying to limit myself to reading one chapter at a time, but what I'd like to do it sit for an afternoon (following my nap of course) and read the entire thing. Instead, I'm trying to absorb all of the great stuff that God has for me. No sense in stuffing myself so full that I don't enjoy the last morsels. Thanksgiving anyone? Here is a quote from the last sentence of chapter three.

"How often did I settle for beans, when, if I had only trusted Him, I might have been given a steak?"

I often try to work with God, to help, to look for all the ways "out" should His answer be "no". I find myself doing that a lot with my dad. Rather than ask for a steak, (complete restoration of him, his mind, and my family) I tend to think smaller. . . . I think that is normal, but not that of a reckless faith. This morning I asked God in what other areas of my life was I settling for beans?

Know what else God did for me today?

1. For the first time in WEEKS, I wasn't up in the middle of the night for a couple of hours!
2. I woke up naturally at 6:30 in time to enjoy my morning devotions with God!
3. I'm getting a free and beautiful piano in just thirty minutes!
4. I haven't vomited this morning!

Look at all these gifts! Hope that you ask for and enjoy steak today.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wowzers! I've missed out!! I had no idea you are pregnant!
Amazing!! Congrats!!
Since your blog is private, it doesn't show me automatic updates and I missed a lot!
Wow!
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Names?!?!??!

Holly said...

oh and might I add that your KIDS are the only thing you can take to Heaven with you...well your hubby too I guess ;)
Children are a blessing from the Lord...an INHERITANCE, a REWARD from Him!
He is blessing you my friend!