Around 9:30 I climbed into bed and enjoyed the WARMTH of my bed. I love warm. I love being comfy and cozy. I have a hard time heating up my space in bed on my own (before we got an electric blanket, Gary would lay on my side for awhile so that it would be warm!). Once again, I gave thanks to God for letting me be born during a time of electric blankets. I'm also so thankful that God allowed me to be born so that I would not have to:
haul wood
haul water
wash my clothes in a creek
travel by buggy
endure pain in labor (I am a fan of the epidural)
entertain my kids in a one room building, or tee-pee, or wagon
live in a cave
really grow or kill everything that I ate
care for and bury the dead
I am thankful that I can:
turn up the heat or the a/c
make a quick trip to the store
enjoy the internet
use a dishwasher
have waterproof boots
sleep in such a comfy bed
have no leaks in my roof
go to the dentist and keep all my teeth
contact my friends in a heartbeat
and tons more!
Seriously, I often thank God for choosing Shanda for this moment, for this time period. I admire those who went before me, who endured chapped hands and lips all winter, who constantly tended the fire, who live through so much cold, who would hear maybe once a year from relatives, who sent their men off to war knowing they may never hear another thing from them or about them. . . .
My bed will be warm again tonight. Thanks ABBA.
3 comments:
How sweet! However, you should discuss with Paul how exciting he finds books about the pioneer days and longing to go back to "the way things were". :) I think I'm with you, though!
Perfect! What a sweet hubby:) enjoy your warm bed tonight:)
what an amazing perspective! you're so right, i just needed to be reminded that these aren't just things God 'owes' me...they are blessings!!
Post a Comment