Sunday, February 13, 2011

Friends are Friends forever

I went to a concert Thursday night. It was Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant. In my estimation it wasn't really a concert, it was fabulous walk through my middle school, high school, and college years. I learned some things during the concert. Let me share. :)

1. Things happen in my heart where music is concerned. I love how God created us with music in our lives. Thank you Jesus!
2. Music by Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith can make me giggle. Seriously, giggle. A song would begin (El Shaddai, Rockettown, Thy Word) and I would giggle. I'm not sure where these songs have been, but they are right there. . . ready to come out.
3. My cousin Julie rocks. She is "woman" and I am "woman". She was a year older than me. We camped together, family blah blah, Calvin. . . I love her and over the years, well, the big Koeman family just doesn't get together as often, I moved to Florida and Chicago, she moved from Notre Dame and out to Iowa. . . .We went to the concert. We laughed together. She drove five hours just to go to this concert with me. I can't think of anyone else I would have wanted to see it with. (Gary for the record was a willing babysitter as he was NOT, I repeat NOT interested!) It was awesome.
4.I think that I would like to have helpers like what I saw on stage. They moved equipment and got supplies. Imagine if I had this in my house!
5. Even the worst seat in the house can be great. You think I'm kidding. I'm not. The concert was at a rather large area church. They sold tickets by the row. We were in the last row on the far side. I had the worst seat. Julie had the third worst seat. (The person opposite me had the second worst.) I wasn't disappointed. It was kinda funny. Seriously? This is our seat? This was the best available? We found the positive: We don't have anyone behind us. The other people in our row had binoculars. Mine were still in the car. I keep them there.
6. The last time I went to a Michael W. Smith concert, I stood the whole time. I didn't have to do that this time. Yeah!
7. I knew every song except one. One.
8. There were some songs. . I could picture events in my life. Mowing the lawn with my walkman on. Going to a Young Calvinist Convention. . . can you say hug line? Posing with the life size picture of Michael that was on third Veenstra at Calvin. I've had some great times. Great.

It was a great concert and a really fun night. Now if only James Taylor was coming to town.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh. my. word.
i giggled while reading this!!!
love. love. LOVE...all of it!!