Example #1
The boys each picked up the children's bulletin as we walked into church. They are able to do more of the activities as they get older. Pretty cool. Simon sat on one side of me while Garrison was on the other. Garrison worked on each page asking what the instructions were. Simon put his head down and went to work. After church I had a chance to look at their bulletins. Garrison had finished every page. Each part was done correctly. He was so very proud. Way to go first born son! Simon had completed each page as well, but not in the way it was intended. He had made the people on the front into superheros. There was a superhero on each page. He was proud of the work that he had done. Way to go middle child! :)
Example #2
Tonight Garrison stayed home from church (no nap) and so I read him books and a Bible Story before bed. The Bible story was about the Israelites crossing the Red Sea. As I read to Garrison, he became agitated and a bit frightened as Pharaoh approached the Israelites. He couldn't sit still and he kept looking away from the book. I turned the page and started to read about how God sent a wind and the water piled up. . . Garrison started to clap. I looked at his face and saw pure joy! Isn't that the best?!? My kid was so excited about what God was doing. We praised God together. When Simon and Noel came home, I read the same story to them. Simon began asking questions before the story was even over. How did God make the cloud? Why couldn't they swim? Did Pharaoh have a boat? Did the Israelites get mud on them? I had a difficult time finishing the story. The questions didn't stop. Before prayer, after prayer, on the way to his bed, after I tucked him in. . . Simon asked hundreds of questions every day. He has to get things all set in his head. It is something I love about him, although there are times it drives me crazy.
Yup, I love my boys. Love them. Love that they are so very different. Thanks for indulging me.
No comments:
Post a Comment