Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Get beyond it

Gulp. . .
This is post number 300. How did that happen? I've logged on a couple of times, only to shut it down again. What is worthy of number 300?
I have a picture in my camera of my beautiful wrist corsage from Easter Sunday morning. Oh, you know I was the envy of every woman in church! Seriously, it was a ton of fun and I was the ONLY chica with flowers on my wrist. There are reasons why we don't wear flowers on our wrists often. It is awkward. They get in your way. Bathroom visits are interesting. Your 11 month old daughter is fascinated with them. Strange glances thrown your way. They are good for only one day--even if you store them in the fridge. I'm not going to walk around my house with orange roses----did you read that---ORANGE ROSES (love love love them) on my wrist. So yeah, the pictures are on the camera, on the island. . . with no way of getting off because I don't know how to do it. So, the pictures will have to wait.
I thought about writing about my Easter Service. . . let me share what happened to me during my church service. I was in the nursery and it was going well. I'm not upset--every person needs to take their turn. No big deal. Then. . . .a surprise. My friend Sara comes rushing in right before the end, grabs the child in my arms (it's o.k.), and tells me she'll sub for me so that I can sing the Hallelujah Chorus. What a gift! It was awesome to sing and celebrate my Risen Lord! Good stuff as well.
Perhaps the egg hunt a mom's house? Perhaps the aquatic center on Saturday night? The movie that Gary and I watched last night that has me thinking often today?

Nope, though every one of those is blog worthy (after all, it is my blog), post 300 deserves more. Here is it. The compliment that made my week. It came today from a three year old.

My daughter Noel was the estrella (star) today in school. She attends El Puente. It is a Spanish Immersion School that is part of the Zeeland Christian School system. We love it. In her classroom, only Spanish is spoken. My boys attend as well. It is amazing how much Spanish they know already. So today was Noel's special day and I got to go and speak only Spanish. I use my few words over and over again. No English! (Sometimes things slip, but I try!) Anyway, at the very end we were packing up and a little darlin' was having trouble with her coat. She asked me for help and I slipped and said, "Sure, I'll help you."
"Wow, you speak really good English."
My response? "Thanks" followed by lots of laughter.

300 posts. Thanks for coming along. Hopefully the next 300 will have lots of laughter as well. And just so you don't forget, I speak good English.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Haha!!! Yes, Betsy Koop had kids going for weeks, if not months, who did not realize that she grew up speaking English. It was hilarious!

our sweet life said...

GREAT 300th post~i have 4 that speak spanish randomly interspursed w/english, and one that's fluent in spanish and dutch...i never know if something's going to be "good", "bueno", or "goede". and that's a pretty easy one... they need to remember who the mama is here and the amt. of schooling she's had. oh well, they HAVE to love me~i gave HOURS of my life birthing them!! ;)