We received a very important letter in the mail on Saturday. It indicated our appointment time for our fingerprints. When the U.S. Government summons, you'd best be there. I'm bummed that I have to miss Bible Study next week, but I'll be there.
The appointment comes with mixed emotions. I'm excited that our paperwork was in order and that we have our appointment time. There is a wisp of fear that creeps up because we are closer and that means thinking about traveling and leaving some kids behind and where will they stay and how will they do without us and and and. . . .
It doesn't help me at all that I can't seem to find the joy joy joy joy down in my heart. There isn't anything wrong, but I'm not completely right. I love my Lord so deeply and I'm so grateful for a husband who is beyond supportive. I know I'll make it through this, but as a friend said to my yesterday "Your smile isn't around very often and takes awhile to appear." She is right. My heart is heavy and it shows on my face. Right now there are tears in my eyes--they appear often. Argh! I just want to be done with this. It'll come. God is good all the time and I serve Him.
Other than that, we are chugging along. The boys begin a new adventure today called Math Pentathlon. I'm not sure of what all happens there, but it involves math and games and since both boys love math and games. . . it sounds like a winner to me. They are excited. I'm not sure Garrison will be able to save his snack for after school. We've talked about it. Noel spit off of the top bunk into Simon's bed and lost her ipad. The kids argued about who farted in church. I've had a great eating day today--to try and counteract the terrible eating days I had this week-end. We might have sold the truck, but maybe not. Penny turned me into a dragon this morning with her magic ring. We hiked yesterday and enjoyed great colors and company. You know--the usual for Sprick Nation.
Time to put Penny into bed. She isn't excited today, but I'll get her there. I'll leave you with this beautiful image. We went to the library this morning. Penny wore a ballerina costume, purple crocs, a princess sweatshirt, a duck mask around her neck and a scarf tied to her waist which dragged on the ground. She was happy and it brought a smile to my face as well. She isn't fashion forward, she is just forward.
1 comment:
❤️
Post a Comment