Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It's a big day.

From the title--you want to know why today is a big day.  Soon.  First, fingerprinting yesterday.  The last time Gary and I were fingerprinted, Garrison was 14 months old and it took over three hours.  We both laughed yesterday as we remembered trying to entertain him in the office.  The office is a melting pot.  I love seeing who is there.  I love hearing a middle age man explain to his father what the officer needed him to do.  He even prompted his father to say "thank you" in English when it was all over.  It took Gary about five minutes to complete his fingerprints.  It took me almost 25!  The computer did not like the way the prints turned out of my left hand.  They will probably get rejected.  So the officer got out the old school ink and took them this way as well.  I'm hopeful that both won't get rejected.

So fingerprinting is done.  I'm beginning to think about childcare and I get a bit panicky.  I know that things will fall into place.  I know that God has it.  I know that two weeks isn't very long in a lifetime, but two weeks of finding childcare is a big deal.  They are my kids and I adore them.  I got teary eyed this morning as I thought about us returning home from China with Michael and greeting our kids in the airport.  We are three months away we think.  Three months.  Deep breath.  What excitement and what a lot to do!  :)

So today.  Tonight after church we'll come home and our kids will be wired.  They are always wired after church on Wednesday.  I'll be a little wired too.  Tonight is the night that we talk with Michael on skype.  Tonight.  Internet has been down recently in Hengyang (typical) and so in the past few days there has been a flurry of e-mails.  Tonight for us, tomorrow morning for him. . .we'll meet each other.  I'm so excited. . . and a bit nervous.  What do I say to my son whom I've never met yet love so very much?  What will he think of this crazy bunch that he sees for the first time?  I want to ask him so much and I just want to watch him.  Tonight.  Tonight I will interact with him for the first time.

You can pray for us.  You can pray that the evil one stays far away. . . that computers work properly. . . that he isn't scared. . .that God calms his heart. . .that we can understand each other. . . that we begin to see his heart.

I'll let you know how it goes.  :)