Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My mama-in-law

I love Gary's mom. I love being with her. I'm thankful that God decided to place both she and Gary's dad in my life.

A package from mom arrived in the mail. It was rather interesting and made me smile. The package contained three things. There were two beanie baby bears. One pink, one blue: each touting "it's a girl" or "it's a boy" with their respective color. Attached to each tag, mom had taped a penny. She knows how I feel about pennies. I love them and really enjoy finding them. When I discover a penny, I feel like it is a little assurance from God that He loves me, that He is watching me and I just need to trust Him. I often find them while I'm praying. . . or if I'm struggling with or celebrating something. I have a bank by my bed with the "found" pennies. Each penny was lovingly picked up and along with it, thanks given to God for who He is and what He is doing in my life. This little one, whether a boy or girl, it surely someone special. . . a wonderful discovery along my journey of life. . . during a rather difficult time. What a great gift from God. . . and a great reminder from my mother-in-law. She also included in the package a beautiful robe from Hong Kong. It is embroidered and I'll wear it someday (when I can shut it!). :) Sometimes when you are pregnant, you just want to have something pretty. Thanks for the gifts mom!

We'll be finding out the gender of our dear one on Thursday. We aren't sure yet how or when we'll share the news. Just keep watching I guess.

1 comment:

one blessed mama said...

i too have a wonderful mother-in-law! not all are so 'lucky'. i'm sure she's equally blessed by having you in her life.