Well, the last time I felt the need to chew ice, I was pregnant with Noel. I casually joked with my doctor that I kept chewing ice and he got a funny look on his face. He told me that I have Pica, that I need to eat more beef, and that if I don't. . . the next step might be dirt or laundry detergent.
So, I made meat loaf tonight. I generally don't cook beef: we do ground turkey. I enjoy beef, but turkey is much more figure friendly. But now. . . now I'll be eating more beef. Though my desire isn't as strong as before, I'd rather not get to that point. :)
3 comments:
What exactly is Pica? A beef craving? Or some vitamin deficency in your body?
Beef, It's what's for dinner!! Glad you will be eating beef and not laundry detergent:)
Hi Nancy
Here is a link to an article about pica.
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/unusualcravingspica.html
Post a Comment