I must tell you though that we almost didn't have a birthday today. Garrison decided a few weeks ago that he wasn't going to have a birthday. He wasn't going to turn five. He would just stay in his room and stay four! He heard that he would have to get a shot, so that was it. He wasn't going to celebrate. No cupcakes. No presents. No going to school in the fall. Nothing.
Well, we did have cupcakes for breakfast. He did get a present from us. He will be going to school in the fall. He DID get his shots this morning. All four of them. They brought in extra reinforcements. I picked him up off of the floor in the corner. Two of us held him down. He screamed. Patients being brought back laughed. It was an event.
I love this boy. I love the way he cares for me and for others. I love his giggle. I love that he enjoys sports. I love that he tries to make up new rules for games when he isn't doing well. I love it that he puts on the clothes that are on the top of the pile. It doesn't matter what they are. I love it that he admits that he screamed when he got shots. I love it that he wants to check on the melon in the garden every day. I love it that he wants to go for a walk with me just so he can look for treasures. I love it that he likes treasures (even though they are really all trash). I love it that he likes learning Bible Stories. I love it that he loves God. Face it: I love Garrison.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Garrison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A day late, but Happy Birthday Garrison (and Grandpa)!! Today you must be glad you are 5 - the shots are all done and over with. and now you can just enjoy being 5. You go, guy!!
Aunt Nancy
happy birthday mr. garrison, from all of us in nj!!
Post a Comment