Monday, August 9, 2010

Let's make a change

I'd like to propose a change to the alphabet. As my kids learn their letters as well as their sounds. . . I've come to a few conclusions.

1. We need to get rid of the letter "C". There are two other letters that serve the same purpose of this letter. All it does is confuse children. . . and some adults as well. We can use "K" or "S". Granted, we many need to come up with a new alphabet song and this could put millions into therapy. . . nevertheless it's time.
2. There needs to be more words that begin with the letter "X". I read so many alphabet books to my kids. There are many variations and possible words that being with "T", "L", and even "A". The letter "X"? Um. . . not so much. X-ray is the most popular with "X marks the spot" and "X-Mas" tied for a close second. Who do I need to talk to to add a few more practical words that begin with "X" to our lingo?

Do I have a witness?

No comments: