1. Gary's birthday this morning. We enjoyed black forest cupcakes for breakfast. (Only 2 points each!)
2. As we left for Meijer to get groceries (always an adventure!), I noticed that each of my cupcake eating children had tell-tale signs on their faces. Simon was wearing a maroon shirt and red shorts. Noel's buttons on her dress were not . . . ahem. . .buttoned. (If she was 16 this would be a bigger issue.) Garrison had on his shorts that I got for free at a garage sale. This explains the condition of the shorts. I laughed and remarked that they were such rag-a-muffins. Of course Simon asked what rag-a-muffin means. I responded that my ducks look like they aren't quite ready to go out today. He added that they looked like muffins. Sure.
3. After a remarkably decent (only three time-outs) pass through the grocery store as well as several fights while I was doing the self-check out . . . I allowed the kids to ride the pony. We only do this about five or so times a year. Today was the day! After watching one mom wait behind me and then explain to her son that because there was such a line he wouldn't be able to ride today (sorry that my three riders were troublesome to you!) it was finally Noel's turn. As I was helping her get down. . . I saw a indecent view. Yup. She didn't put on underwear this morning. As I grabbed her off the pony while trying to keep her dress (a mini!) down as much as possible, she began to scream. Of course, a friends mother (Hi Mama Pyle!) passed by and enjoyed the spectacle I'm sure.
4. It is a beautiful day! Why don't you go outside and play? 10 minutes. Scream Scream Scream! Simon has been stung. Three times. Leg, hand, and head. I didn't know it, but if you get stung by a bee, then you can't use any body part on which a welt has appeared. He couldn't even eat, after all there was a sting on his hand. During our lunch, little sobs would escape his body. He did inform me (another piece of truth I didn't know!) that he would no longer be able to do his tricks in the basement (summersaults) and that when he was 18, then he might be better.
5. Noel is currently laying on the chair under a blanket. She says she is sick. When I asked her about it she explained. See, on the way home she asked why it was a problem to not wear underwear. I said that (among many reasons) she could get sick sitting on the pony at Meijer without unders on. Well. . . she declared that she is now sick.
6. I'm wearing a t-shirt from 1997. How do I know? It says 1997 on it. Talk about a rag-a-muffin.
I just called Gary and told him Happy Birthday (again) and that I am trying to be patient. I'm also laughing. After all--Garrison does still have cupcake on his face. :)
1 comment:
i LOVED this post! i've also had 'a day' so this made me feel SO normal! :) while we were standing in line, getting ice-cream, (my way of making everything 'right' after yelling at them. yup, i'm one of THOSE moms} i looked at all of us and used those EXACT SAME WORDS. my children however, did NOT need to ask what it meant. i tell them that all the time! :) isn't is a grand adventure being a mom!?
love you girl.
Post a Comment