It
was
INCREDIBLE!
We went with my family to Fremont Lake. We enjoyed the water, each other, and our amazing God. My plan is to post pictures. I took over nine hundred. I haven't even seen them all yet. How do I narrow things down to 10-20 for the blog? Ack! It makes me tired to think of it. :)
There were so many wonderful things, but let me share some highlights with you.
Sunday night church service around the campfire.
My kids swimming better than ever!
Garrison and Simon tubing together.
Noel learning to swing by herself.
Seeing my siblings being great parents.
Gary and Garrison sporting fingernail polish.
Watching my kids run to greet their grammy every morning.
Zucchini bread.
Tonka pies.
I can still get up on water skiis and can even slalom! That's right. You read it. I can.
Tubing with my siblings and laughing hysterically.
Noel pushing her princesses on the swings.
Jumping from my tube on to my brother Kevin's tube. (A first for me.)
Fishing. (and catching fish)
Taking walks with adults.
Sunset cruises.
My boys kneeboarding (well. . . laying on someone on the kneeboard)
Pulling my three siblings on skiis and a wakeboard behind the boat.
Catch Phrase
Poopy Head (a card game: ask Ryan and Kate)
Seeing the cousins actually playing together. For extended periods of time.
Campfires.
A whole week with Gary.
Food prepared by my mom. Every night. For supper. And for three breakfasts. Yummy.
Coconut M&M's (thanks Gretchen!)
Kickball.
Triple Pickle.
Having others watch my kids for awhile.
Great things about being home again.
My bed!
A shower with some pressure.
Air Conditioning.
Nursing in air conditioning.
Sleeping in a room with Gary rather than Noel and Penny.
Consistent bedtimes (for the kids and for me!)
I don't smell like cottage.
Back to Weight Watchers!
It was such a great week. I love it that in the midst of my dysfunctional family, we had such a "functional" week. God has brought us together. We truly enjoy being together, crying together, sharing, encouraging, and serving each other. I wouldn't trade out one person. This year: two new people were in our midst and they did great! (Kody and Penny!) We bless God and are already planing for next year. [Garrison has begun a collection and Simon will be ready to go again on Thursday. Love my boys!]
I'll try and post come pictures. I know you want to see me jumping on my brother right?!?
2 comments:
I didn't know you could ski! So cool! Wish I could.......or maybe not. :)
sounds wonderful!!! and yes, POST pictures!! go ahead, do all 900! i'll look at each and every one.
Post a Comment