Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dutch Feet

I'm a low fashion kind of girl. . . ahem. . .lady. I don't do skirts/dresses (yet I signed a contract and taught for four years at a school that required their female teachers to wear a dress or skirt every day. . . interesting). I rarely wear heals. I wear my Chaco sandals every single day--just check out my tan lines. I'm a t-shirt person. Sweatshirts--love them. Give me a hoodie baby!

I just returned from a shopping trip extravaganza from Kohl's. I'm not a huge fan, but I do love when they send me a 30% off coupon. My head starts spinning at all the possible deals. Gary, the true deal maker in the family, sent me off even before the kids were in bed. "Have fun!". I did.

Generally, I'm not a shopper, but hey--30% and I can return anything. Rock-n-roll. I tried on shirts. I looked for swimsuits for Garrison (there are none--BOO!), I wandered through the kitchen gadgets section and dreamed for a little bit. I even looked at a crock pot. (You have three Shanda--no more for now!) Then, I made my way to the shoe section. Why not? I have a coupon. I have no children with me. I have feet.

Size 11 is not a popular size. Even when I discovered shoes that looked attractive and comfortable (these standards knock out most of the shoes in that place!) I couldn't find size 11. No wonder I wear Chacos all day long--they are mens and in my size. Part of me is thankful for these big old Dutch feet and of course to Garrison who pushed me from a respectable size 10 into the size 11 camp during my pregnancy--you are grounded when you are 11 just because!!!! I'm thankful because I'm not tempted to buy many shoes. I can't find any that fit. Perhaps in heaven I'll be a size 6 all around. . . nah. . . I think I'd fall down all the time.

4 comments:

LJFredricks said...

WE ARE SHOE SISTERS!! I have never found anyone else that wore my size. YAY! I found some great sandles at kohls.com, shipped them free to my house and then tried them on. AWESOME. You can always return them to the store if you don't like them.

one blessed mama said...

so, what DID you spend your 30% off coupon on??? :)

Nancy said...

I've been size 11 narrow since middle school. Shoes are almost impossible to find - especially for a deal - but sandals are my lifesaver!

And yes, what did you end up buying?!

shanda said...

Well, I spent $299.40 last night and another $100.00+ today. I'll be returning most of the things, but it was great to try them on at home. Here is my list from memory. :) (from last night)

1. 5 bras
2. 3 shirts
3. 1 skirt
4. 2 pairs of shoes
5. 4 pairs of earrings
6. Oven mitts
7. Cutting board
8. 2 tablecloths
9. 1 purse
10. 1 wallet
11. shorts for Garrison
Today I got about 8 shirts and several pairs of bathing suits for Garrison. I really needed the trunks, but wanted free shipping, so I just bumped it up at bit. :)