While camping at the Conference Grounds, we were excited to hop on the information highway Friday night. Gary and I sat at our picnic table and chatted while I quick checked my e-mail. . . the first time in five days. We were re-entering life the next day. I saw. . . well you know how you see an e-mail and know that something isn't right. It was from my friend Becky informing me and other Camp Roger friends that we needed to band together again and pray for and support our friends Ben and Laura. Their baby, the one they had prayed long and hard for, that we had learned about in January while dining together at Little Mexico, that we had celebrated at a shower, that we had already come to love as one of our own. . . their son had died. Gary and I cried together and then bowed together at our table. I thought of four precious treasures that I'm honored to raise who were all sleeping right next to me. My eyes are teary now as I type.
Their son was born last week-end and then we gathered together again on Thursday night for the visitation. I saw pictures of this big chubby baby and I saw a long line of folks waiting for the chance to hug Ben and Laura. I cried often and freely. I hugged so many people. I gave and received support.
Why did God take this little one? Why did He wait so long--this baby boy was nine days away from making his appearance? Why couldn't He have chosen a baby from a family that already has children? Why Ben and Laura?
I have hugged all of my children many times in this past week. I've prayed fervantly for my friends. I've prayed fervantly that God not take any of my kids before He takes me home. I've cried over and over again.
Yet, my questions go unanswered. I'm thankful that I rest in a God who grieves with us, a God who wraps His arms around us, and a God who holds that sweet boy in heaven until Ben and Laura are called home and can join him. We too have a child waiting for us in heaven. We miscarried our first pregnancy. Questions again unanswered, but a faithful God who also gives comfort.
Hug your kids. Praise God. Pray for my friends.
2 comments:
Praying for Ben and Laura.
praying.
Post a Comment