1. While in church Sunday morning, they presented the flag--it was after all Fourth of July week-end. Noel didn't understand what was happening until the flag went by. Then she proudly explained for all in our vicinity "Look, a parade!" There was a slight ripple of laughter. Sadly, it was a one flag parade.
2. During said church service, we weren't in our usual front row, or as our pastor likes to call it. . . the naughty pew. Noel was having a hard time seeing and kept asking for me to hold her. She got rather heavy, so after a song or two, I put her next to me on the chair while she was standing up. She was eye-to-boob with me. . . something that I neglected to notice. She did and began poking my boob. I heard snickers and felt poking. I took her hand, leaned over and whispered that she didn't need to poke me anymore. "Sorry mama" she whispered and she promptly gave my boob a kiss. More entertainment for our church neighbors.
3. There is a fourth of July parade here in which kids are invited to decorate their bikes and participate. All three older kids did and proudly rode. Noel got so far behind that she began to cry and some fabulous grandma carried her scooter to another location and she was able to participate again. (That isn't the Noel thing though. There's more!) Anyway, one of the entries in the parade was a convertible carrying three of the store workers in promish dresses with tiaras on their heads. They had sashes that read "Miss Conference Grounds" and "Miss Beach". Noel hadn't seen them because she had been in the parade. While we were waiting for the candy (kids get candy if they are in the parade) Noel set her eyes for the first time on these lovely ladies. "Look mama, princesses!" She was smitten. She spotted them walking away ten minutes later (after receiving her candy) and asked if she could talk to them. We picked up our steps. We finally caught up with them and I introduced us. "Hi ladies. My daughter was wondering if she could say hello to the princesses." They were fabulous. Noel was shy. She couldn't even say her name. They did invite her to Bible school and she is excited to go.
4. Noel's swimsuit has a tendency to ride up her butt cheek. Very cute. I was a bad mommy though and didn't think to put sunscreen on it. Tonight, after being summoned to the bathroom from another parent who was told by a girl named Noel to go and get her mommy (wow!). . . I wiped her biscuits and noticed the sunburn. "Oh, I'm so sorry Noel. Your biscuits got burned." She seemed to be alright with that. The burn matched her pink cheeks (Shanda. . . remember to reapply!). While washing our hands, a lovely elderly woman asked Noel if she had gotten a little too much sun today. Noel very seriously replied that "I burned my biscuits." The woman was a little stunned and then stumbled with an "oh. . . wasn't today so very beautiful?"
We are having a wonderful time. We are tired and full and loving each other and loving being here and very very dirty. It's great.
No comments:
Post a Comment