Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Honored

Last night the phone rang at 1:00 a.m.

Those are not the kind of phone calls that we like to get. . . most of the time things are bad.  The only time I like getting middle of the night phone calls is when we are getting news of a new niece or nephew.  (Hopefully we'll be getting one of those around Thanksgiving: Yeah for Kevin and Gretchen!)  More likely though with a late night phone call is either bad news or a crank phone call.  Last night was bad news.

A friend needed me.  I was instantly awake and up out of bed.  Her husband had been taken to the hospital and could I please come over.  OF COURSE.

As I drove back home in the wee hours of the morning I was overcome with gratitude. I must say that I saw last night as an honor.  I am so thankful that she felt like she could call me.  I am so thankful that I was able to pray for her and her family in the middle of the night.  I'm so thankful that her husband is doing well this morning (Praise God!).  I'm thankful that I have friends.  I have friends that I can call in the middle of the night for help.  I know that I have MANY friends that I could call in the middle of the night for help.  I bless God that He has given that to our family.  So friends, if you need me. . . please call.  It will be an honor.

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

Ya know, I WOULD call. And I would expect you to do the same :) I would be there in a heartbeat + 50 minutes.