It is 1:39 a.m.
I'm sitting in the girls room while Penny tries to settle herself. This in my opinion is the worst thing about using a pacifier--the stuffed up nose. She is restless and can't settle down. Fighting the cold is a pain for anyone, but when you are used to sucking while sleeping. . .
Being up in the night has given me time to pray. I was reminded in Bible Study this morning to remember how far I have come,. How many nights did I long for a family? How many times did I give to God my hopes of ever being a mama? 10 years ago I couldn't have imagined my life today. Instead of 100 students I now have 4. I've never been so in love in my entire life.
So often we miss the Divine in our lives. We keep on looking forward and miss those amazing big and quite little God Moments. I am able to rock my little one to sleep. I am able to pray for her. I can pray for each member of my family, for my small group, for my Bible study ladies. I have a sister that I adore. God gave me a book this week through a friend. Garrison was spared serious harm at school (as was the school) when he opened up a paper clip and tried to discover what happens when you put it into an outlet. The Divine. Right now a friend is in labor with her second child. Her first son was welcomed into glory at 38 weeks along. Tomorrow she will meet her second son after waiting and hoping and grieving for so long. Divine. Every day He offers blessings to me--even at 1:46 a.m.
Sleep will come again. Right now I will whisper soft sweet words when my little stirs trying to find sleep. Right now I will breath in and out and marvel at how amazing my Father is. I will quiet my racing mind as it tries to put together a speech. I've been asked to speak at a women's event and I couldn't be more excited about it. I love public speaking and love that God has opened up this door for now. The Holy Spirit will give me the speech. Now is not the time to work. Now is the time for thankfulness. God is indeed divine.
He is so very good. Look at what He has done thus far and there will be more blessings tomorrow! Every day. Blessings every day. Don't miss The Divine.
No comments:
Post a Comment