Sunday, December 16, 2012

Four kids

I love our church.  I love the people.  I love the preaching.  I love the awesome ways that my kids are growing and learning.  Good stuff.

One of the many reasons why I love my church is the different ages of the people.  Gary and I wanted to attend a church with 80 year olds and 2 year olds with lots of ages in between.  I've gotten to know so many of the older women.  They are so encouraging and funny and thoughtful and just plain awesome.

Today after church one of them came up to me a little upset.  Apparently there was something wrong with my Christmas card that I had put in her box.  She was upset because I had four children and she knew that I really only had three.  "When did you get another child?  Where did the fourth one come from?"  What followed was a comical conversation (on my part) to try and help her figure it out.  She only remembers me "having" two, so therefore I must have "gotten" both Simon and "the other one" from somewhere else.  I assured her that I had birthed my last two kids at our church.  I was a mom of four and had been for 2 1/2 years.  Still, she was right!  Surely I had snuck one in there.  :)

I loved talking with her and loved that I was able to celebrate the birth of Penny 2 1/2 years after it happened.  :)

No comments: