We bought a house yesterday.
I know: a bit of a shocker. We aren't moving though, rather we are (well, after home inspection and closing) the owners of a three apartment converted home. Yup, we'll be collecting rent come February. We will also be mowing another lawn, fixing three more toilets, hoping the water heater doesn't conk out and finding new renters when those who are there now choose to move on.
Crazisauce!
We've been praying about this and looking and praying and learning. We really feel like this is what God would have us do at this point in our lives. Cool things have happened. Our realtor (who goes to our church) has been doing this for 30 years and has agreed to be our mentor. What great advice he has given to us! We've prayed for clarity and God has blessed over and over.
Sure we'd like to make some money. We would also love to be fair and honest with our tenants. We'd love to show them the love of Christ. We'd love to pray over those who apply (hopefully) to live at our place that God would allow us to bless those that He would chose. We see this as evangelism in a way. We hope to feel free to develop a relationship with those who come our way. Every part of our lives is ministry.
I'm so excited. So. Excited. I know that we might get stung or lose money. I know that this may be inconvenient with late night calls and added expenses. I also know that God will use this in our lives and hopefully the lives of others. Bring it.
No comments:
Post a Comment