Well. . . February 2 came and went. "So Shanda, how did it go?"
I'm not sure how to respond.
What am I supposed to say to others? It went great. (cocky and may not be true--I didn't hear myself.) I messed up a ton. (This might not be a good idea since I want to do this more.) I've responded with this last sentence many times and I was convicted just this noon that it might not be my best option. I'm not sure what to say to people who weren't there. I'm not sure what to say to folks who were there either! :)
Here is the deal--I did mess up. I did forget several of my points. I need to trust though that God had me say what He wanted me to say. I was very prepared and didn't forget because I was a slacker. This is good. Good. I love speaking in public. It is the truth. I loved the preparation and loved sharing. I loved my relationship with God during the past few months as we worked almost daily together. I felt awkward afterwards having a sweet gal approach me with questions that she had. I'm not a counselor, but God gave me the words I needed (I hope) to talk with her, and I was able to pray with her. It felt good afterwards to see that the Holy Spirit was working in her life. It is what I had prayed for--what I had hoped for. I felt very strange at the beginning of the breakfast--I'm not good with small talk. I need to realize that speaking brings with it the need to talk with folks I don't know. It I want to do this, then I'll need to get better at it.
I was also approached by June afterwards who told me about her ministry that she does for stay-at-home-mamas in the area. She wondered if I would like to speak for them. YES! Yes I would be interested in doing that.
Overall--it was great. I was so very tired and enjoyed going on a date with my hubby Saturday night. I had planned it. Gary has been so very supportive of me and when all was said and done, I just wanted to sit and talk and enjoy his company.
So that is how it went. I'm smiling. And now I wait. I wait and see what God may have in store for me next. For right now, I've been assured that my job at home is safe and I don't have any plans to leave it. :)
1 comment:
I'm wondering how we contact you for your talks. I'm on the women's ministry team at my church. It won't be long and we'll be looking to next years schedule planning. Thanks :)
Post a Comment