Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hi!

I'm still alive.

Our house is coming together and I love it.  I'm excited to create an inviting and warm place for our family.  I'm excited to create a place for friends and family to come over.  We love opening up our house. . . we love it.  You can come over for dinner.  You can come over to play.  Jeni--please come over sometime.

Things aren't done yet.  They are moving slower than usual because Gary is injured.  Since he has the know-how and since he has more muscle for say. . . carrying couches up the stairs. . . and he is having a hard time moving because of back pain. . . we'll just keep on trucking without a couch.  It'll make it super sweet then when we get our couch back upstairs.  He is also the one that can put a toilet back in.  He can do the transitions between the new wood of the hallway and the carpet of the bedrooms.  We are fine the way it is though.  I'm thankful that there are multiple toilets to use.  I'd just like for him to get better!  I love my guy and want him to feel better soon.

And Monday afternoon I dyed my hair "reddish blond".  The verdict is mixed.  There are times I like it and other times I don't.  I like the top more than the ends.  The ends look funky.  So why did I change after being blond since 1996?  Why not.  Why not try something new.  It is hair.  It can go back.  As my best friend Karen said to me on the phone when I asked her opinion about the whole thing "Shanda, if you are doing to do it. .  .jump in with both feet."  I jumped.  I've jumped before and sometimes it has been great and other times not fabulous.  Guess what?  It's fun.  Be fun.  Have fun.  It's hair and it grows and I can change it to any color I want.

I have lots of pictures of the floors to post. . . when we upload them.  :)  Our computer has been blocked in for almost a week.  I'll post them when I get a chance.  I promise.

There it is.  Hair and floors.  Good stuff.

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

I'm excited to see it!!!