It has come to my attention that there is a pastor in my community who is against adoption. Like, Christians should not adopt. This has been very confusing to me. . . and sad. . . grieving for the kids who might not get a family because someone was told it isn't Christian to adopt. Sad for friends who want to support other families in adopting, but won't. Mad that this is being spread. It's been on my mind.
Speaking of adoption, a friend in my adoption on-line community posted a video of twin girls who are in China and are looking for their parents. They are older and were talking and laughing together. This is the kind of video that will find parents for these girls. As it gets passed around it touches the hearts of parents as you see these girls move and smile and give the peace sign. I played it for my kids and . . . drum roll. . . they could interpret it! They couldn't get every bit, but there were able to tell me parts of it. WOW! This is exactly what Gary and I are hoping for--God can use them for Kingdom work in regards to language. I was able to post what some of the girls were saying and who knows. . . my kids may be assisting someone who wants to adopt these sweet sisters.
We continue to remember and celebrate Simon's health and all that God taught us just one year ago. One year ago today he had his second surgery and received two more drain tubes out of his belly raising his count to three. Mom Petty also flew in to give us some respite and comfort. Our small group met with us and prayed over us while Mom kept watch over Simon. Our third meal was brought in. Awesome. Totally God Only Awesome.
We are looking forward to our spring break trip to Branson. This will be our first vacation without Dad Petty. Though we returned last year, it was for the memorial service and didn't feel like vacation. I'm anticipating a few tears. :) I'm also going to have a blast at Silver Dollar City.
I was asked to speak again and needed to pray about whether to accept or not. I was initially excited, but when I heard some of the parameters. . .well I struggled. This group of moms meets once a month and it is an outreach for a church. They strive to welcome all and show them God's love through their actions and ears. . . but not so much through their mouths. They wanted me to speak, but not to talk so much about God. What?!? I had no idea how I could do that! While praying I thought that I should ask my Bible Study ladies. They are Godly women and I trust them. Their responses got me all excited again. Of course I need to do this! Why wouldn't I want to share God's love with them--just in a different way? What an amazing opportunity to share the gospel. Yup, it is more challenging for me, but I trust God will help me to rise to the occasion. One of the women even asked if I should leave at that moment and sent my acceptance. Love it!
I finished my last Bible Study lesson on David this morning. I have been putting it off because then it is done. I'm thinking and praying about what I want to do next. I have a few ideas, but the summer is wide open. I want to be in the Word and would welcome some suggestions--something I can do on my own, is in depth, get's me in the Word, has words that I can understand, and is good. :)
That's where I'm at. Enjoy Palm Sunday tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment