I've been getting a lot of use out of my house during the past week, mostly because I have been stuck inside of it. Garrison was sick on Thursday and Friday. We even went to the doctor and ended up in the ER for x-rays for pnemonia (he doesn't have it). Thankfully--in a weird and strange thankful kind of way--Gary was home with a back injury. He watched Penny and then later Noel. Saturday we were good. I had a cold, but colds in mamas don't count. We mention them and then load up the dishwasher. It is part of the mommy code or something like that.
Saturday evening was magical and fun--sleigh ride with our small group. Pictures when my life gets back on the right track.
On Sunday Simon spiked a fever in the afternoon and Noel "felt ill". She can feel ill for all kinds of reasons, so whatever. Garrison and I walked out of church because his coughing was driving me crazy. I leaned over to Gary during the sermon and said "I can't take this anymore!". I gave Garrison a glance and waved for him to follow me. We hung out in the library and then scooted home. I began to feel a little ill myself.
Monday Simon recovered while Noel began her descent. I admitted that I was sick. Yup. I am. Penny joined in on the fun yesterday while the boys went off to school. The girls and I all were in bed for our naps at 11:45.
We are on the mend today and I'm predicting that Noel will be able to go to school tomorrow. This morning though (Wednesday) I needed to get out! I love my house. I love being in my home, but after being in for days at a time tending to sick children, to all the kids on Monday while there was no school, and being sick myself--I needed to get out. I did get one quick break yesterday afternoon when Gary let me go to conferences at school all by myself. Lovely. So this morning we went to Meijer. I needed to get out. I needed groceries. We went rather quickly and I secured a big cart so both of the girls could ride. I did have a bit of an uncomfortable experience when I coughed and peed a little. How my daughter can live with a wet pants and not want to be potty trained is beyond me! I'm trying to drink lots of liquids and I've given birth to three children. Coughing isn't my friend. It is time to be over this. Plus, I really want to kiss Gary. I've been abstaining since Saturday and I don't like it.
I'm praying now that we get healthy for this week-end. Gary and I have a parents only week-end planned thanks to my folks. This will not happen if Gary is sick. He is the only one who hasn't fallen. On a good note, I have enjoyed all the cuddling and we haven't run out of medication. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment