Monday, March 18, 2013

napkins

We've made a change at our house.  Napkins.  I know--shocking.  :)

I've gotten so sick of paper napkins laying all over.  The kids take them, use them once. . . sometimes they get thrown away, mostly they don't.  We seemed to be using so many--I even had to call friends that were coming over and ask if they could bring napkins!  For someone who loves to host, I'd rather not ask folks to bring clean up supplies.

SO. . .

We are using cloth napkins.  I had a bunch of them that we rarely used.  I've been saving them for important occasions.  Guest what?!?  My family is important!  I pulled out a bunch and we use them for every meal.  I change them out every few days. . . o.k. sometimes it is once a week.  It depends on what we've had to eat! :)  No one has the same napkin as the person next to them, so we can often remember who has what.  It has been going well and I just throw them in with my kitchen towels.  It looks better on the table too.  We are working on the whole "fold your napkin after supper" bit.  The kids do a good job, but we often forget to remind them and until it's a habit. . . .;}

The biggest problem is that Penny seems to often be missing her napkin.  There are two reasons for this.  1. Penny always chooses her napkin first because she is the pickiest.  Because she is the pickiest, she often decides that she doesn't like her napkin anymore and throws it on the ground.  2. Penny loves to dance and often uses her napkin as a ribbon for dancing in the living room.  I don't mind having that problem--the shows are great!

1 comment:

one blessed mama said...

laughing out loud because i don't think my peeps even know where the napkins are stored in this house.
their idea of a napkin is their pantleg.
not.
even.
kidding.