Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Growing up

My kids are growing up.

1. They decorated the Christmas tree and did a pretty nice job!  We finally got around to putting it up today.  We cut it down before we left, but today was the day we got it up.  They were thrilled to open up the ornaments and I loved hearing them exclaim about so many of them.  I love that they have memories of certain ones.  They loved putting their hands into the molds from when they were three.  Plus, I wasn't super crazy mama about the ducks handling them.  They are older.  I only had to make a few comments about "bunching".  (Some branches shouldn't hold four ornaments.)

2. Penny had a fever yesterday, but was herself for most of the day.  Then tonight she was off again and her temp was rising.  She wanted to snuggle (yes of course!) and after she refused to drink any juice, I told her she could go to bed.  She went.  Hmmmm  Then after being tucked in, she cried and when I returned she asked for "the bowl".  I gave her a bowl and asked if she was going to throw up.  She didn't think so.  20 minutes later I went to check on her and she had indeed thrown up into the bowl!  My little girl made it all into the bowl!  Hallelujah!!!! 


Yup, my kids are getting older.  They can handle ornaments and throw up in a container all on their own.  Woo-Hoo!  I'm loving it.

No comments: