When did I become that mom?
I love the water. When I was little I loved going to a pool or the beach. I was thrilled when we went out on Lake Michigan on the boat. I didn't want to lay on a towel, I wanted to be out in the water! Let's jump off the boat! Let's see how far we can dive down! When I began my career at Camp Roger, a friend gave me the nickname "Queen of the deep" because it was evident that I loved being in the water. I became a lifeguard. I was the waterfront director for a couple of summers.
I've noticed this past year that I'm not as enthusiastic about being in the water. I'll still go in with my kids, but not as much and not as often. When we had our vacation in Florida, we swan three times, but I only put my suit on once and managed to sit in the kiddie pool for a few minutes.
What has happened to me? Where has my love of all things water gone? Is this another by-product of turning 40? ACK! The inability to lose weight and now the loss of water entry loving!?! I wish there was a special pill I could take for both. Let me know if I'm off my rocker. . . then again. . . maybe not. :)
1 comment:
Oh my Queen of the Deep!! Did I just go slamming back in to memory bliss of the summer of '93. My oh my.
Twenty years from now, your kids will remember you gave them your love of water. They won't remember if you hated being in a bathing suit or only put your toes in.
But...jump back in...Michael is going to have to learn how to swim!!
Post a Comment