Monday, January 13, 2014

2 prayer requests

Good morning!  I really enjoy Monday mornings, so I'm in good spirits today.  Hope you are too.

I have two prayer requests that I'd like to lay before you this morning.  Thanks for allowing that.  :)

1. We hit some more snags last week with adoption paperwork.  Can you just hear me  heave a sigh?  As of last Saturday, we needed one more document.  One.  It was a medical form that was at the doctor's office.  Saturday it wasn't open.  Monday Gary called during the POLAR VORTEX (say this in a loud and slow motion way) and they couldn't find it.  "Sorry.  And we will be closed tomorrow.  There is a polar vortex."  We talk with them Wednesday and Gary drops off another form for them to fill out.  The notary doesn't work on Wednesdays, so they'll wait until Thursday.  He gets word in the afternoon on Thursday that it is ready and calls me to go and pick  it up.  I wake up Penny (not a joyful experience) and we go get it.  I check to make sure the notary seal is correct.  It is!  We dance in the hallway.  We dance at home.  I dance and kiss Gary when he gets home.  Hip Hip Hooray!  Well. . . not hip hip hooray.  The information listed is from an older medical exam and therefore China will not accept it.  Hmmm  Gary calls and the notary will not be in on Friday.  GAH!  Enough.  

It is at this point that I smile.  The evil one is trying to discourage us and there are times that it most certainly works.  However, we firmly believe that God led us to Michael and that we will keep pursuing him!  Gary takes the day off on Friday, arranges to pick up a notary from our bank and take her to the doctor's office, receives a call from the doctor's office that they found another notary in the hospital, calls the bank back and cancels the ride, picks up the document, discovers that his birth date is listed wrong, corrects the error, drives to Grand Rapids to get all of the documents state sealed, and heads to the post office to overnight it to our courier in Chicago who will be walking our papers into the Chinese Consulate this morning.

Are you still with me?  Thanks.  I'm not sure I'm still with me.  :)  If they pass inspection, they will be sent to our adoption agency and our new social worker will put everything together in the right order and then it will be sent to China!  Whew!  IF everything passes and IF it is sent to the adoption agency and IF everything passes inspection, then our paperwork is done and we'll get a better idea of travel time.  Can you pray that everything comes together and the evil one is thwarted in any attempt to stall or delay or discourage?

2. I've been having trouble swallowing for the past couple of years.  I just thought I was eating too fast (a problem I know) or not chewing enough or whatever.  Gary told me to go to the doctor.  I did not.  Then a few weeks ago I had a spasm in my esophagus and it was painful and scary!  I went to the doctor.  I'm having a scope done this afternoon which will hopefully see what is the issue and correct any problems.  Sweet!  I'd love prayers that this is just not a big deal.  K?

Thanks friends!

3 comments:

shanda said...

So. . . Nothing wrong with my esophagus. Perhaps with my muscles? Another appointment in a few weeks. Thanks for praying! I'm going to bed with the kids---so tired!

shanda said...

So. . . Nothing wrong with my esophagus. Perhaps with my muscles? Another appointment in a few weeks. Thanks for praying! I'm going to bed with the kids---so tired!

LJFredricks said...

Girl. I. LOVE. YOU! I never tire of listening and praying!