So today didn't go as planned. Actually last night didn't go as planned. We received an e-mail that one of our documents didn't pass. The notary used two different colored inks (?) when documenting so it was denied. Denied.
I got discouraged and Gary lifted me up. I lifted him up last week when we had faced that set back. I'm so thankful we are partners in this.
So when I got home from Bible study, Gary called and said, "you've got work to do." I typed out a new letter. Penny and I met Gary in Grand Haven where he was working to get it notarized. Penny and I drove to Grand Rapids to get the golden seal affixed on it. We made it back to Zeeland with just enough time to stop at the post office and overnight it to Chicago so the courier will get it tomorrow and can walk it into the counsalate on Thursday. Hopefully we pass this time.
The day threw me off and certainly threw Penny off. She got a 15 minute nap in the car, not exactly what she needed. Her meltdown at the Secretary of State's office wasn't pretty. I bribed her with fries. But Michael needs us. He needs us to get the paperwork in. Several of our documents are expiring within days.
My Bible Study group encouraged me today. Frankly, I'm sick of talking about it. I feel bad because I'm telling folks the same story over and over again. We are living a silly soap opera where the story line never seems to move forward. But folks still ask. I try not to dominate conversations. . .I'm sorry if I have. After we get everything sent to China. . Our dossier. . .then we'll have a better idea of when we are traveling. . .a good guess.
One friend offered a neat word of encouragement that I hadn't thought about before. Perhaps God is having us wait because His work through Michael is not yet complete. Maybe God is using him and needs to finish that out. Yes. Though he is only six, he knows The Lord. It made me smile this morning. God has us both even though we are half a world away.
No comments:
Post a Comment