Hi all.
Hi.
I'd like to post an amendment to the last post. Thanks for asking me questions about our adoption. I don't mind the questions. I like the questions. It means that you remember and you care. Thanks. What I don't like is that I don't have new answers. It is so hard because I feel so dumb. . . maybe not dumb. . . I'm not sure what a good word would be. When there isn't anything new to report it is hard to remain upbeat. I want to share progress! I want to list all the things that have been crossed off of the to do list and recently I haven't been able to to that. It isn't a reflection of you, it is discouragement in my heart.
I received an e-mail from one of Michael's care givers asking when we were coming. She didn't know that we had been delayed. I asked her to please explain to Michael that we love him and that we haven't forgotten him. We really wanted to be there in January, but it is not to be. I asked her to give him a hug and whisper that we love him.
In the grand scheme of life, a three month delay is not that long of a time. Right now though. . . right now it seems too long.
I'll let you know when I hear more--if we were able to send our dossier off or if we have to re-do some things.
1 comment:
There are few, if any, phrases or words of encouragement to a mother who simply wants to be with her child that heal the gap of hurt in her heart. I really don't have that kind of magic to soothe your soul.
But what if I help you remember...remember that God knows what your China arrival date is. He's known all along. How about I help you remember that every day you wake up and praise Him for bringing you one day closer to your son truly is progress. You did another day. And now you're one day closer to the day that God knows is coming.
Yes, you would like to know when that day is right now. But regardless of when it is, you are one day closer to getting him and one day fuller of loving your boy.
While you wait for God to open the door, we can praise Him in the hallway together. You're an amazing mom.
Thanks for being such an inspiration and woman of God. Your five kids are so lucky!
Post a Comment