My guy is on the road and I'm thankful. I'm thankful for a job, for training in Ft. Wayne, that he is driving a truck in some pretty yucky road conditions and that he is coming home after four days away!
I don't mind being a single parent. I enjoyed working on Penny's scrapbook at night when normally this would be my time spent with Gary. I do know that I'm better when I'm working with Gary. I have someone to balance me out, to help carry the load of decision making, to make me laugh, to assist with discipline, to listen, and to kiss.
Parenting alone has gotten easier now that our kids are getting older. I was still up five times with Penny one night (Argh!), but everyone can dress and feed themselves. They can also entertain themselves for extended periods of time--this is one of the greatest gifts I have received as a parent.
I tip my hat and offer so much respect for single parents everywhere, no matter how you obtained singleness. I knew that I would have help on Friday night. On Friday night I will not be in charge of putting kids to bed. On Friday night I will have someone help with kids who are up at night. On Friday night I'll have a grown-up here who will offer me love with his eyes and step in when I need to step back. Many people don't have that luxury and are doing a fantastic job of raising their kids. God bless them.
God has blessed me with a wonderful husband and father. I love doing life with him. For now the kids are enjoying chocolate sent by Grandma Karen and I've crossed everything except one thing off of my to do list for the day. The game closet will have to wait. Mom Petty is moving and she sent a box of stuff for us--which included chocolate for the kids. She is pretty cool. She also sent dad's blanket. It was a quilt that he had on his chair. It smells like their house. . . like him. . and I sat on my bed and held it and cried. I miss him. I'm sure that mom does too. Someday either Gary or I will probably have to say good-bye to one another for the last time.
For now I'm praying him home and I can't wait to wrap my arms around him.
No comments:
Post a Comment