Hi all!
I loved loved loved reading Little House on the Prairie books when I was younger. I still manage to pick one up now and again and read my favorite parts. I used to go to the church library after the evening service, pick up one I didn't have, and spend a long time reading. My parents would always talk so long after the night service! The Koemans (that's me) and the Lubbers would be the last families still at church. It was fun though to read, to run around, to explore church etc.
Anyway, I digress--but hey I can, it's my blog. :) In one of the stories Laura talks about how Ma had a particular barn cat that would bring her mice and leave them outside of the door, as if to take care of not only her kittens, but of Ma and her kids as well. I found it fascinating because I had a cat when I was little who did not bring me dead mice, and I thought it a bit disgusting.
My dog Smokey brought me a gift today. After I let him in the house (He jumps on the back door when he needs to go outside to do some business.) I put him in his crate and continued to get lunch ready. Garrison tells me that there is an old nest outside. He has an old nest in the garage that is begging to come into our house, but so far mom has said "no". We've been spotting nests, so I. . . in all my distraction. . . say nothing. Garrison continues to tell me about the old nest outside and I finally mutter "Great Garrison. Good spy." After lunch begins and I get up again to get sometime again for another child again. . . I walk past the window and actually look out. Yup, you guessed it. Smokey is taking good care of our family. He dropped off half of a rabbit face. Thoughtful.
3 comments:
oh yuck... and yes, very thoughtful! ;)
Gotta love dogs! Ours left us a nice, perfect little rabbit head on the back porch right before my in-laws got there one time. YUCK!!! My VERY nice neighbor came and disposed of it for me and searched the back yard for the rest of the body parts too! Now, that's a friend!
Joy Pierce (WCF)
i'm laughing outloud at "it's my blog" comment! you go girl!! :) we have a cat, named Joe.(it's a girl..ya, we named her before we realized HE was actually a SHE!)anyway, if we don't feed her quick enough, she dumps a half eaten critten (mouse, bird, rabbit or whoever the poor sap of the day is)on our front mat. two words.
NASTY.
WRONG.
i too, love those Little House books. since i own the box set, i thought i'd start reading them to my boys. they were bored. hated them. one of them actually asked to go to bed so i would stop reading. seriously. what is that about???? i guess i'll have to haul out the Hardy Boys! yea for me!
Post a Comment