Friday, June 19, 2009

Five years ago

Five years ago I stood before God, my family, and my friends and pledged my love to Gary Alan Sprick. He did the same. He also surprised me and washed my feet during our ceremony. He wanted to show me and everyone there how much he loved me, how he was going to try to be like Christ to me, and how he would take care of every part of me, even my stinky feet. :)

Five years ago my father-in-law announced to the congregation that we were both virgins. He wanted my students in the back to know that it can be done. He wanted them to know that saving yourself and giving yourself to God's best for you is such an honor. He was very proud of us.

Five years ago I had one of the best days of my life. I enjoyed every minute and made the most of every minute. I laughed and cried. Best of all, we worshipped our Lord. I still love our ceremony. We spent more time planning that than on any other event of the day. God was glorified that day and I pray He continues to be glorified in the way we keep our marriage.

Five years ago today I took a hayride. There were those who scoffed at us. . . a hayride? Why wouldn't you get a cool car, a limo. . . something without hay! It was fun. We celebrated, our wedding party which was all of our families and a couple of friends, but laughing, singing, and playing kazoos. It was a riot! We went to a pig roast.

Five years ago today I never would have dreamed about all the events that have happened since. Three kids, one miscarriage (possibly two), one adoption, job changes, finding a wonderful church, losing Gary's grandpa. . . .it is so very cool. The best part--God has been there every step leading us.

I'm going to a wedding tonight. I think it is fitting. As they say their vows, I plan to pledge again before the Lord to try and honor Gary as He wants me to. To be the best wife I can. To continue to grow and change in a way that honors Him. Who knows what the next five years will bring?

1 comment:

Holly said...

that gave me chills.
Love. Worth. Waiting. For.
Beautiful!