We are at a hotel in Romeoville, IL. Gary is here for work, and I'm here with the kids for some new adventures. Plan B happened today.
Plan A for today: wake up, breakfast in room, go to the zoo, naps on the way home, swim, dinner with friends, bedtime.
Plan B: wake up with Garrison crawling in our bed after he woke Noel up, making four trips to the breakfast room for everything we need, going outside to the van and realizing that it is cold. I didn't bring sweatshirts. Drive to Meijer. NO SWEATSHIRTS! Drive to the zoo. It begins to rain on the way. I ask the Lord to stop the rain when we get there and hold it off so that we can enjoy the zoo. We've been talking about it for so long! Garrison and Noel fall asleep. (wonder if it had anything to do with that early morning wake-up?) Still raining at the zoo. Turn around before paying $8.00 parking. Go back to the hotel. Picnic on the floor. Swimming. Nap. Pouring rain and very cold, so off to Kohl's for sweatshirts. NO SWEATSHIRTS! We get so wet going in and coming out. Target is next door: let's try it. Wet again. . I find one sweatshirt for me. . . sixteen dollars? I put it on and begin to warm up. My shivering kids are in the cart. NO SWEATSHIRTS for Noel. I find one sweatshirt for the boys. . . one long sleeve shirt actually. Blue for Simon, green for Garrison. I really don't like them all that much. I put them on. Fifteen dollars? I do not want to pay fifteen dollars for a child's sweatshirt! The boys are happy. We look for a hat for me. I can't even explain my hairdo. No hats. We have to go or we'll be late for dinner. The cashier scans our clothes while we are wearing them. I'll just hug Noel all night long to keep her warm. I reach for my wallet: gone. . . not gone. . . in my backpack where I put it for the zoo. They won't take a check without i.d. Everybody, off with the sweatshirts! We head out into the rain. White Fence Farm with friends for supper. It was lovely. I laugh and laugh. I'm warm again, Gary is in the hotel room with me, and I didn't spend a fortune on sweatshirts. Plus, as I'm praying before bed with the kids. . . I'm glad God sent the rain before we entered the zoo. He is so cool like that.
Home tomorrow. I like that too.
No comments:
Post a Comment